I saw this campaign poster in the press recently, exhorting the Thomas Cook group to stop promoting ‘swim with dolphin’ events on its package holidays. In many instances the dolphins are captive animals in marinas. Pretty disgraceful really, so it’s a serious limerick this week.
I really agree with the notion That it’s time to set wheels into motion To close down the shows Because everyone knows That dolphins belong in the ocean!
… you can, of course, be otherwise entertained on your holidays by members of your family acting as surrogate dolphins!
Here we have Firstborn encouraging ‘Flipper’ to jump over an obstacle:
(No sprats, sardines or spouses were injured in the making of this montage)
- Former scientist, now graduated to a life of leisure.
- Family man (which may surprise the family; it certainly surprises him).
- Likes cycling and old-fashioned B&W film photography.
- Dislikes greasy-pole-climbing 'yes men'.
- Thinks Thea Gilmore should be much better known than she is.
- Values decency over achievement.
View all posts by LanterneRouge